Saturday, April 5, 2008

Moving On...

After 3 full weeks here in Cusco, I have decided to cut my planned volunteering time a little short and continue travelling. I have heard wonderful things about Bolivia and I am going to use this extra week or so to explore a new country or two. Unfortunately I need to go through some paper work and spend $100 to get a Bolivian visa but will be worth it and the country is so cheap I´ll prolly make that money back on all my food and lodging savings. I am leaving Sunday night with a friend I met in Huanchaco and ran into again here in Cusco this week. Her name is Logan and she is a history teacher in the Bronx. We are going to start by exploring Lake Titicaca and then I will head on to La Paz. I hear Copacabana, the city on the Bolivian side of the lake is the nicest place to stay and then we will probably do one night on the Isla del Sol. It will be cold but I´m still excited to be near the water. After La Paz, I plan to head to the South of Bolivia and do a tour of the giant salt flats. Then in order to make my journey more of a loop I will cut into the north of Chile and travel along the coast up into Peru. Mmmm, beach.

No comments: