Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lazy Days


I have been having a lot of wonderful lazy days here in Huanchaco. Cooking in the kitchen they have here, oatmeal in the mornings and fresh sandwiches and omlets later in the day. I finished my book and found a new one at a small book exchange. One evening I arranged with a few locals I met and some people from my hostal to have a bonfire on the beach. I put the few dollars out for the wood and we spent the night sitting around the fire with a guitar.

Sunday I went on a day long tour of indigenous ruins around this area. Chan Chan being the most famous and the highlight of my day. We arrived at the site just as it was closing and the late afternoon, early evening lighting was amazing. The site was like a giant maze that opening up into grand plazas. We were the only group at the site at the moment and it was neat looking over all these dessert ruins and beautiful mountains in the distance.

I am having a little trouble motivating to leave and have pretty much put it off to the last moment. Tomorrow night I take a night bus to Lima. I will have one day there and then Friday morning I fly straight to Cuzco. I have promised myself I will leave a little more time to explore Lima right before I fly home from there in May. It is crazy to think that I am about the move onto the 3rd of 4 legs of my trip.

No comments: