Monday, February 18, 2008

Banos

Sunday Morning I left Quito, my home for more than a month. It was kind of sad because I had grown attached to my family, friends, and routines there. Things have picked up again quick though, and I´m have a really nice time thanks to the place where I´m staying. It is a hostel called Plantas y Blancos in Banos, a super cute town known for its hot springs and outdoorsy opertunities. At the hostel there is a room with two computers, and an awesome roof top terrace with a kitchen, drinks, and games. The terrace is somewhat inclosed but has windows all around with nice views. I´ve met a couple cool people and I have just been hanging out with them around here and relaxing for the most part. It has been kind of rainy the whole time but I also went for a nice hike near this river on the outskirts of town. There were two different bridges you could cross and views of the ravine and waterfalls.

1 comment:

SJC said...

When we were there, my cousins told us that Banos is known for the best nightlife in Ecuador - enjoy it! Oh my god and there was this little breakfast cafe that had the most amazing pancakes...miss you!